Accessibility Statement for The Willows Inn Website
The Willows Inn Bed and Breakfast is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards:
- Provide text alternatives or ALT Tags to graphics, animations and videos. Consider that if you disable the presentation, the web content should still effectively communicate the message.
- Ensure text labels are used for all buttons and calls to action.
- Provide text descriptions to all internal and external links.
- Ensure keyboard accessibility. Website should be enabled for navigation by screen readers or alternative keyboard devices so that users can search, find, navigate through and interact with web content. Consider how you would get to content if you could not use a mouse.
- Allow for longer time to complete a task on the website. Consider slower muscle movements by a person with a motor disability or slower mental processes by a person with a cognitive disability.
- Pop-ups and image maps are not used on websites.
- Website contains easily resizable text.
- Adhere to ADA compliance at the property itself and create a Website Accessibility Statement page, an Accessible Amenities & Services landing page as well as an Accessible Rooms landing page.
See below for known limitations…
Measures to Support Accessibility
The Willows Inn Bed and Breakfast takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of The Willows Inn Website:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Willows Inn Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Slideshow galleries on the ‘Home’ page and the ‘Select a Room’ page do not include “alt” or “title” tags.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Willows Inn Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Willows Inn Website:
- Phone: +1 (415) 431-4770
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal address: 710 14th Street San Francisco, CA 94114 [Map]
- Trip Advisor
We try to respond to feedback within 24 to 48 hours.
Accessibility of The Willows Inn Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of The Willows Inn Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for The Willows Inn Website
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because the slideshow on the ‘Home’ page and the ‘Select a Room’ page do not include “alt” or “title” tags.
The Willows Inn Bed and Breakfast assessed the accessibility of The Willows Inn Website by the following approaches:
Please contact us at [email protected] if you encounter an issue.
Accessibility statement last updated on September 26, 2019.